These delicious mung bean flour crepes are just what you need to satisfy your sweet cravings. They are healthy, they are easy to make and they are gluten-free.
I remember making crepes with my sister when I was a kid. It was the easiest breakfast that we both could make when Mom asks us to make breakfast for the family. The touch of sweetness with a Sri Lankan creep is coconut honey (Pol Pani). For a touch of savory, we prepare sambal made with curry leaves, coconut with some spicy seasoning. This symbol is great for countering cholesterol as curry leaves are packed with health benefits.
Taking that as an inspiration I went ahead and tried out making sweet crepes with Finch Foods Mung bean flour. As the name sounds it’s the ground mung beans, also knows as Moong dal flour/Mung dal flour. Mung bean flour is majorly used in making healthy noodles, baked foods, desserts as well as some common food in Indian cuisine. Mung bean flour is gluten-free, high in magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus.
Here’s what you need to make these delicious crepes.
- 01 cup of mung bean flour – Shop Now
- 01 cup of milk
- 02 eggs
- 01 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt – adjust to your preference
- 01 tsp of cinnamon powder – Shop Now
- 02 tbsp of coconut sugar / brown sugar
- 01 small pod of cardamon 0f crushed
- Peanut Butter
- Icing sugar
- First, let’s mix all the wet ingredients together. In a medium-sized bowl combine milk, egg, vanilla, and whisk well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients bowl and give it a good mix. The batter should be in pouring consistency.
- If you want to make the batter faster just add all the ingredients into a blender and pulse few times till the batter becomes smooth.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes and meanwhile heat up a non-stick pan in medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter, move the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter to make a thin and round crepe.
- Cook for 03-04 mins till you have tiny air bubbles appearing and edges are getting a little crispy. Flip and cook for another 02 – 03 minutes. That’s it! crepes are done.
- You can stuff these crepes with some peanut butter, and fresh fruits like banana, strawberries, raspberries, dust them with some icing sugar, drizzle some syrup on top and enjoy.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations