Tamarind sauce is a flavorful and tangy condiment made from tamarind pulp, which is extracted from the fruit of the tamarind tree. Tamarind has a distinct sweet and sour taste, making it a versatile ingredient in various cuisines, especially in Asian and Indian cooking. Tamarind sauce can be used in a variety of ways in cooking: Marinades, Dressing, Stir-fry, glazes ands many more.
Paneer Kebabs with Tamarind Sauce is a delectable and aromatic dish that perfectly blends the rich, creamy flavors of paneer with the tangy and sweet notes of tamarind sauce. These kebabs are a delightful vegetarian twist on the classic kebab, where succulent cubes of paneer are marinated in a tantalizing mix of spices, then skewered and grilled to perfection. The result is a mouthwatering appetizer or main course that satisfies both the palate and the senses, offering a harmonious balance of textures and tastes that is sure to please any food enthusiast.
Tamarind sauce can be purchased in ready-made bottles from Finchfoods and It’s a versatile and essential ingredient in many cuisines, known for its ability to balance and enhance the flavors in a wide range of dishes.
For Paneer Kebabs:
- 250 grams paneer cut into 1-inch cubes
- 03 small bell peppers – cut into cubes
- 01 small pineapple – cut into square cubes
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 02 tbsp. of Finchfoods Tamarind Sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients and mix well to create a smooth marinade.
- Add the paneer cubes, pineapple cubes and bell peppers to the marinade, ensuring they are well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat your grill or oven to medium-high heat. Arrange the marinated paneer and vegetables in the wooden skewers
- Grill the paneer kebabs for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until they are golden brown and have grill marks.
- Arrange the grilled paneer kebabs on a serving platter with some garlic or herby rice
- Drizzle the tamarind sauce over the kebabs or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Paneer Kebabs with Tamarind Sauce make for a delightful appetizer or side dish, perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!