Spicy Paneer Scramble Cups are a delightful fusion of flavors, combining the rich creaminess of paneer, Indian cottage cheese, with the bold kick of Finch Foods original hot sauce.
These delectable cups are crafted by blending crumbled paneer with a medley of finely chopped veggies, aromatic spices, and a generous drizzle of fiery hot sauce. The result is a tantalizing scramble that’s both savory and spicy, held together within edible cups made from crisp pastry shells. With each bite, you’ll experience a harmonious dance of textures and a symphony of tastes, as the velvety paneer mingles with the zesty heat of the hot sauce. Whether enjoyed as a savory breakfast treat or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, these Spicy Paneer Scramble Cups are a flavor-packed sensation that’s sure to ignite your taste buds.
Sure, here’s a simple recipe for making Paneer Scramble, a delicious snack that’s perfect for breakfast or a quick snack:
Make the Tortilla Cups
- Small flour tortillas (soft, not crispy)
- Cooking spray or melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Take small flour tortillas and gently warm them in the microwave or on a skillet for a few seconds. This will make them more pliable and easier to work with.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin or cupcake pan with cooking spray or melted butter
- Place a tortilla over each muffin cup, pressing gently to shape it into a cup-like form. The edges of the tortilla should slightly overlap the sides of the cup.
- Place the muffin tin with the tortilla cups into the preheated oven
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the tortilla cups are golden brown and crisp. Keep an eye on them to prevent over-browning
- Once baked, remove the muffin tin from the oven and let the tortilla cups cool for a few minutes
- Carefully lift the tortilla cups out of the muffin tin and transfer them to a cooling rack. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
Make Paneer Scramble
- 200g paneer (Indian cottage cheese), crumbled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 01 tbsp. of Finch Foods Original Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 01 tsp. of ginger garlic paste
- 01 Green Chili – chopped
- 01 small onion – minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Optional: chopped vegetables such as bell peppers, spinach, or peas / olives
- Garnish – Fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs or greens, grated cheese
- Crumble the paneer into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan over medium heat
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter
- Add chopped green chilies, onions, ginger garlic paste. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- If using chopped vegetables, add them to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Gently fold in the crumbled paneer, taking care not to break the pieces.
- Add 01 tbsp. of Finch Foods Original Hot Sauce and mix everything together so that the paneer is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Continue to cook the mixture for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the paneer is heated through and coated with the spices.
- Once the paneer scramble is cooked to your liking, turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Let the mixture cool down a little and add to baked tortilla cups with some fresh herbs and crunchy greens.
- Garnish with some crush nuts and fresh cherry tomatoes and herbs to add more flavor.
Enjoy your homemade Paneer Scramble with its delightful blend of flavors and textures!