If you’ve been keeping up with me, then you know that I’m always into easy and healthy meals. Today’s recipe that I’m sharing with you is one of those easy recipes that you can make in few minutes. Its “Butterhead Lettuce Quinoa Cups”. I’ve been wanting to make some lettuce cups for a while but could not find a right lettuce type for the job. Long behold I was lucky to come by the missing ingredient to make this journey possible thanks to The Lanka Salad Company.
Butterhead lettuce AKA butter crunch lettuce are crunchy, buttery in taste and has medium sized leaves which makes a perfect option to make lettuce cups. According to the Masterclass.com Butterhead lettuce is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, and iron, which help fortify bones and fight off inflammatory diseases. – Read more –
- 15-20 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup of red quinoa
- 01 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of shreaded / diced carrots
- 1/4 cup of pickled corn
- 1/4 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 1/ cup of pickled red paprika
- Some coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 01 tbsp of lime / lemon juice
- Dressing made with Kewpie mayo and Kewpie hot spicy dressing.
- Butterhead Lettuce – The Lanka Salad Company
- Red Quinoa – Bohemian Quest
- Pickled Vegetables – Forbes Fine Food
- Dressing – Finch.lk
- First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear. Rinsing quinoa removes its natural coating, which when cooked can make the quinoa bitter.
- When cooking the quinoa to water ratio is really important to get the best texture. Quinoa to water ratio is 1:2. For this recipe I’m using 1/2 cup of quinoa so I’m adding 01 cups of water to cook.
- Cover and cook in low flame for about 10-15 minutes until it’s tender and fluffy. Set aside off the heat for few minutes to cool down. Uncover and fluff with a fork and transfer into a bowl
- Add in all the chopped veggies with salt, pepper and lemon juice and give it a good mix.
- Wash the butterhead lettuce leaves in running water and pat them dry.
- Take two butterhead lettuce leaves and keep them on top of each other and add 01-02 tbsp from the mixture and arrange in a platter.
To make the dressing mix 02 tbsp of Kewpie Mayo and 04 tbsp of spicy sauce, if you do not have these products then you can simply go ahead with a simple dressing like a caesar dressing or any salad dressing that you have at home.
If you have a chance please try out this recipe and let me know how this turns out for you in the comments! you can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #Thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations!
Leave A Comment