Sometimes we just crave for a desert that is appealing to the palate and quick to make. A mug cake brings a soothing ease to that crave and hey no one likes doing a ton of dishes, mug cakes are an all round win. Now let’s get into what I have in store for you, a sweet and soft dessert cake with a touch of a cinnamon, soaked with caramelized apple cinnamon syrup (we excuse you for drooling)
Key ingredient: Lazna.lk Coconut flour has a low glycemic index than traditional flour and it’s rich texture and natural sweetness makes it great for baking. It’s a popular flour to bake with for those who follow any grain restrictive diets including the paleo diet. Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free and rich with protein which makes it appealing to those with issues like wheat allergy, Celiac disease and non-Celiac gluten sensitivity.
Why add this to your diet? Help overall digestive health, high fiber that aids the digestive process. High fiber content also helps with slimming due to the healthy fats in the coconut and low GI which keeps you full for longer. High fiber and low carbs helps keep your blood sugar low whilst you indulge.
- 1.5 tbsp of Lazna.lk coconut flour
- 01 tbsp of milk
- 01 egg
- 0.5 tsp of baking powder
- 01 tbsp of melted butter
- 0.5 tbsp of maple syrup
- 01 tbsp of chocolate chips – optional
- 2-3 drops of vanilla
- pinch of salt
For caramelized apple cinnamon syrup;
- 1/4 apple chopped in to small cubes
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar / coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of butter
- Add all the dry ingredients in one small cup
- Crack an egg and add to a small cup and beat it for few seconds, then add milk, vanilla and melted butter and give it a good mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Add the mixture in to a mug and microwave for one minute (make sure the mixture is spreaded evenly so when it starts to bake it rises evenly).
Now lets make the apple cinnamon syrup,
- Heat up a skillet and add butter, when butter is melted add in sugar along with apples and cook it while tossing and turning for 02-03 minutes until golden brown and apples are caramelized.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and stir in coating apples with the syrup and that’s it.
Just top the caramelized apples cinnamon on mug cake and enjoy!
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Cant wait to see your re-creations!