I’ve been obsessed with these cheesy mashed potato pancakes since the day I made these for the first time.
Potato is such a versatile vegetable that can be used to make many recipes. Some of my favorite potato recipes are potato salad, potato waffles, Sri Lankan potato curry, potato soup and mashed potatoes. I often make mashed potatoes at home because that’s my baby’s favorite food. Sometimes when there’s leftover mashed potatoes I turn them into potato waffles or potato pancakes. Who would have thought you can make pancakes or waffles with mashed potatoes right ?
These potato pancakes are so yummy and so easy to make. The texture is everything! Gooey from the inside and crispy from the outside 😍 and when you take a bite you get that creamy mashed potatoes taste with melted cheese which is beyond describable.
It’s also great as a side dish or even as a breakfast meal. So here’s how you make it.
- 5 medium sized potatoes – boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup of flour (I used mix of whole wheat flour and oats flour)
- 02 medium sized grated potatoes
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of parsley/ spring onions / cilantro
- 01 tbsp of of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- You can add more flavor to your pancakes by adding finely chopped onions, chili flakes, dried or fresh herbs.
- Before adding raw grated potatoes to the mixture make sure you squeeze out all the moisture using a tea towel.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into small potions ( I made 06 small potions). Roll-up each portion into a ball then flatten it into a pancake.
- Heat up your skillet over medium heat, put some oil and fry your pancakes. You can press pancakes with a spatula to make it flatten evenly.
- Cover and cook for about 5-10 mins until golden brown and crispy. (Both sides).
- Then serve it with your favorite toppings. You can add sour creme, hot sauce, and garnish with some herbs to add more flavor. The world is your oyster
Cant wait to see your re-creations.