This simple scrambled egg with spinach and quinoa is the perfectly balanced high protein breakfast fit for royalty.
Scramble eggs are my baby’s favorite breakfast meal. I always make sure to add more veggies like grated carrots, potatoes, centella or spinach to make sure he gets a balanced nutritious diet. At times, I serve it with mashed potatoes or grains. What stands this recipe apart from your general scrambled egg is the addition of quinoa.
The original recipe credit goes to krolls_korner, If you want to see the original recipe then you can find it in her website. Below is the recipe that I followed, this my twist to scrambled eggs.
- 03 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of quinoa – Buy this ingredient from Bohemian Quest
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 02 tbsp of olive oil
- Handful of spinach
01. First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear. Rinsing quinoa removes its natural coating, which when cooked can make the quinoa bitter.
02. When cooking the quinoa to water ratio is really important to get the best texture. Quinoa to water ratio is 1:2. For this recipe I’m using 1/4 cup of quinoa, so I’m adding 1/2 cups of water to cook.
03. Cover and cook in low flame for about 10-15 minutes until its tender and fluffy. Set aside off the heat for few minutes to cool down. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
04. Add eggs, milk, salt, pepper in a medium-sized bowl and whisk until everything combines evenly.
05. Heat up a non-stick skillet and add olive oil. When oil is heated pour the egg mixture in.
06. When the eggs are beginning to set, add spinach, soy sauce and start stirring combining everything evenly.
07. Keep stirring till eggs and spinach is cooked (about 2 minutes) in medium heat until you get big chunks left.
08. Finally, add cooked quinoa and give it a good mix.
You breakfast is ready, serve warm. Enjoy!
- Choose white quinoa for this recipe because when cooked white quinoa are so soft and fluffy. It perfectly goes with the scrambled egg texture.
- You can also add more vegetables if you like. For instance grated carrots, potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms.
- You can add cheese to make it more tastier.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations
Leave A Comment