Ever looked for a soft and healthy pancake recipe, made with no sugar, vegan and is gluten-free? Behold I have what you seek, this Kale and banana pancake recipe is just what you’ve been looking for.
These are not regular pancakes that you see everyday, these are green pancakes made with Kale. Kale is a greenly vegetable which consists many nutrients and known as one of the healthiest green ever. There are various types of Kale available and the one that i used for this recipe is Curly kale.
Kale naturally has a slightly bitter taste when compared with other leafy greens, so when making pancakes with Kale you need to add a sweetener to your pancake batter. I normally make my recipes sugar free, if I want to add sugar then I substitute it with fruits, fruit purée, bee’s honey or maple syrup. So for this recipe I’ve decided to add a a ripe banana for two reasons.
- Banana will give nice sweet taste and a soft texture to pancakes
- Since I want to keep this recipe plant-based I can easily use banana as a substitute to eggs
- 3/4 cup of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of almond milk – buy this ingredient from Bohemean Quest
- 01 cup of curly kale
- 01 ripe banana
- 01 tsp of baking powder
- 01 tbsp of black chia seeds
- 01 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Few pods of crushed cardamom (about 02)
- 02 tbsp of plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of black chia seeds – buy this ingredient from Bohemean Quest
- 1/4 cup of chopped mango cubes
- Maple syrup
This recipe serves 05 medium sized pancakes
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and everything is thoroughly mixed. Pour the batter into a bowl and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and scoop the pancakes batter into the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles appear. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes more till it becomes golden brown.
- Repeat until you finish the batter (you can make about 04-05 medium sized pancakes with these ingredients)
- Serve with some yogurt, chopped mangoes, chia seeds and maple syrup.