French toast is an all-time favorite breakfast option and why wouldn’t it rightfully be? It’s easy to make taking very little time, and once done you get yourself a nice sweet treat for breakfast. The classic recipe is known to all, but the recipe I’m sharing today has a twist to it – It’s chocolate stuffed vegan french toasts sticks.
- 04 slices of bread
- 02 flax eggs / chia eggs
- 01 tbsp ground flax seeds + 03 tbsp of water
- 03 tbsp of coconut butter (any plant-based butter)
- 1/4 cup of plant-based milk (Almond, oats)
- 01 tbsp of cinnamon
- 01 tsp of vanilla
- 02 tbsp of coconut sugar
- chocolate spread – shop at Peaslove. lk
- Fresh fruits and maple syrup for serving
Prep time – 10minutes Serves – 01
- First spread a generous amount of chocolate spread on bread slices and place one over the other, two slices each.
- Cut each bread slice into 03 equal size sticks. You can remove the crust if you like.
- Mix 02 chia eggs or flax eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl and give it a good mix.
- Let’s prepare the french toast sticks for cooking, add each french toast stick into the batter, and roll until the batter coats well. repeat the process with the rest of the french toast sticks.
- Meanwhile, get your skillet ready, heat up a skillet on a low flame, and add butter. when butter is melting add the coated french toast sticks and toast it until golden brown (each side).
- transfer the cooked french toasts and add fresh fruits, I’ve added some fresh strawberries, banana, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds with a drizzle of some maple syrup.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations