Avooocadooo! A creamy, yummy treat that everyone loves and enjoys eating in many different ways. What happens to be your favorite? A smoothie, baked, with salads, with sushi, or as a buttery treat with a bit of sugar? Well, I like all of the above but my favorite way of enjoying avocados is smashed avocado on toasts. Today’s recipe is not about another avocado toast. Today’s recipe is healthy chocolate avocado mousse.
Some people believe that eating avocado is not as healthy as it contains high fat. Yes, it’s true but it’s monounsaturated fat which is a good kind of fat, the kind of fat we should have as part of our regular diet. According to the Health line, these fats can help with weight loss, reduce the risk of heart disease, and decrease inflammation. Some of the healthy benefits of these fats are;
- May Help You Lose Weight
- Help Reduce Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- Help Reduce Cancer Risk
- May Help to Improve Insulin Sensitivity
- May Reduce Inflammation
Read more about monounsaturated fat
This chocolate avocado mousse is the best kind of dessert that you need to add to your diet plan. It’s so easy to make, requires only a few ingredients. This simple and healthy dessert has been very popular among the low carb and keto diet world. There are many ways of making this, I’m going to give you my take on the recipe.
Let’s have a look at what ingredients we need to make this simple, healthy avocado mousse.
- 02 medium-sized ripe avocado
- 02 tbsp of chocolate spread – Shop at PeasloveLk
- 02 tbsp of cocoa power
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 02 tsp of coconut sugar/maple syrup (any sweetener you prefer)
- 01 tsp of vanilla extract
- Desiccated coconuts for garnishing
Prep time – 05 minutes, Serves – 02
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop it into a food processor
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until very smooth and creamy, scrape downsides of the blender (you will have to repeat this a few times)
- Give a taste and adjust the sweetness if you require.
- Scoop down everything into a ramekin, or any dessert cup you have.
- Refrigerate for 05-06 hours or overnight for best results until chilled and serve with some of your favorite toppings. You can top this with some berries, crushed nuts, or simply some desiccated coconuts
Tips to make the best avocado mousse
- Make sure you pick the best kind of avocados to make this recipe – Picking a rich, flavored, and textured avocado is really tricky. When buying avocados make sure you buy the dark green and black speckled skin avocados which are soft to touch.
- If you don’t have chocolate spread then you can simply use some Nutella or melted chocolates.
- You can use any plant-based milk to make this recipe but I’ve added coconut milk because it adds a nice flavor and very rich creaminess to any kind of sweet dessert.
- If you don’t have coconut sugar then you can add any sweetener you like, regular sugar, bee honey, maple syrup. If you are adding liquid sweetener then make sure to reduce the amount of milk otherwise the texture would be a little runny.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations