Ever had a bunch of bananas ripen on you faster than you could consume them? Well that does at times happen in my house. Don’t throw them! There’s something you can always do with them.
I have to say this is the first time I made banana fritters in my life and OMG they turned out so well. The texture was perfect! It’s was perfectly soft and airy inside and crispy on the outside and fried to perfection. Perfect for a snack with a hot beverage.
- 03 medium sized overripe bananas or 02 large bananas
- 01 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 01 tbsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- Salt to taste
- 01 pod of cardamon – crushed
- Peel the bananas and add to a bowl, mash well till you get a smooth paste.
- Next add coconut sugar and mix again.
- Combine all purpose flour, salt and cinnamon powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Finally add milk and mix everything together till you get a smooth batter. Make sure batter has no lumps.
- Heat up a frying pot and add oil just enough to deep fry the banana fritters
- Add a spoonful form the batter to the hot oil and fry one side till slightly brown and flip over to fry the other side.
- Place on the kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- These can be serve warm or cold but I prefer cold once! They taste better you can serve these as a snack or dessert with some honey, ice cream or sprinkle of icing sugar