Avooocadooo! A creamy, yummy treat that everyone loves and enjoys eating in many different ways. What happens to be your favorite? A smoothie, baked, with salads, with sushi or as a buttery treat with a bit of sugar? Well I like all of the above but my favorite way of enjoy avocados is mashed avocado on toasts. Avocado toasts are the easiest and the healthiest breakfast that you can make in less than 10 mins.
Some people believe that eating avocado is not healthy as it contains high fat. Yes, it’s true but it’s monounsaturated fat which is a good kind of fat, the kind of fat we should have as part of our regular diet. According to the Health line these fats can help with weight loss, reduce the risk of heart disease and decrease inflammation. Some of the healthy benefits of these fats are;
- May Help You Lose Weight
- Help Reduce Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- Help Reduce Cancer Risk
- May Help Improve Insulin Sensitivity
- May Reduce Inflammation
Read more about monounsaturated fat
Let’s get back to topic shall we, let’s have a look at what ingredients we need to make these simple but healthy avocado toasts. When making avocado toasts there are so many varieties of toppings available. At times I add tomato salsa, poached eggs, chia jam, greens, cucumber well the list goes on. For today’s recipe I’ve went ahead with mango salsa, tomato and basil and few more ingredients as toppings.
- 1/2 an avocado – mashed
- 01 tbsp of lime / lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 01 large tomato – sliced
- 1/2 tsp of hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin seeds
- Few basil leaves – about 10
- Few slices of jalapenos
- Dill for garnishing
For Margo salsa
- Half a cup of chopped mango
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander/ parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
Prepare avocado spread
- Scoop half an medium sized avocado into a small bowl, add pinch of salt, lime or lemon juice and stir combining everything evenly. Adding lime or lemon juice will help prevent the avocado discoloring.
Tip – When prepping mashed avocado you can add some salt, chili flakes or even chopped herbs to enhance the flavor
Prepare mango salsa
- Simply add mango, onion, coriander, tomatoes and salt in a small bowl and mix.
- Toast two slices of bread until brown and crispy and spread mashed avocado on top. I’ve used multigrain bread slices to make these toasts and you can use any type of bread you have at home.
- Top one toast with fresh tomatoes, basil leaves, hemp seeds, chia seeds, jalapenos and garnish with few dill leaves.
- Top the other one with mango salsa, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and garnish with few dill leaves
That’s it, your simple avocado toasted are ready. Enjoy!
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes
cant wait to see your re-creations!