These herby and cheesy air-fried Hasselback potatoes are the perfect side dish or starter that you can add to your next lunch or dinner. They are crispy from the outside and tender and soft from the inside and have an intense herby flavor!
Hasselback potatoes are a traditional Swedish side dish. It’s a baked potato dish where the potatoes are cut halfway through into thin slices. Then it’s seasoned with a variety of herbs or a marinade sauce and baked till crispy and served with different toppings.
The original Swedish Hasselback potato recipe uses fewer ingredients, but this recipe uses a little more for that flavorful punch.
- 10-12 small potatoes
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 tsp of Finch garlic powder – Shop Now
- 01 1/2 tsp of Finch onion powder – Shop Now
- 01 tsp of Finch dried oregano leaves – Shop Now
- 01 tsp of salt – adjust to your preference
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of paprika or chili powder
- 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- Remove the skin of the potatoes if you do not wish to serve with the skin on but leaving the skin on while baking adds better flavor.
- If you need crispier potatoes make sure you cut the potato into thin slices.
- When applying the mixture over the potatoes make sure that you are covering the potato slits as well.
- If you find it difficult cutting the potatoes not going all the way through then make sure to place the potato in between two wooden spoons or chopsticks.
- Preheat the air fryer for 160°c for 05 minutes
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the potato into thin slices not going all the way down.
- Prepare the marinade – Add all the ingredients into a small bowl and give it a good mix.
- Brush the mixture over potatoes thoroughly and make sure you are applying the mixture inside the slits as well.
- Season with Finch dried oregano leaves to add herby flavor but be careful not to overdo it because a little goes a long way.
- Set the air fryer timer for 25 minutes and place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Brush the potatoes again with the mixture, sprinkle grated cheese, and continue to cook till the outside of the potatoes are crispy. This will take another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked potatoes from the air fryer and garnish with some fresh parsley, chives, or any herb you like and serve with some sour creme or a sauce of choice.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations