One pot curry is something which is always been a lifesaver for me. You don’t have to spend more time cooking couple of curries, or wash multiple pots and pans just put all the veggies into one pot and cook. It’s so easy, you get so much of flavor and goodness in one curry and you can easily pair it with rice, bread, roti or anything.
When we talk about curries, Turmeric is something we cannot live without. Turmeric is a very common ingredient in Sri Lanka, it’s not just used in cooking only but also used in many Ayurvedic medicines. We, Sri Lankans, add this to almost every single curry we make, it’s not just adding the dash of yellow color to the curry, it also allows the release of curcumin when used in cooking. According to Healthline, Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric, it has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
Here is how I made this delicious mixed veg curry using finchfoods Turmeric powder.
- 01 cup of carrot – cut into cubes
- 01 cup of potatoes – cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup of green peas
- 01 cup of lotus roots – thinly sliced
- 01 cup of yellow sweet potatoes – cut into cubes
- 01 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric – Shop Now
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds
- 01 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 03-04 garlic cloves
- 1/2 an onion
- 01 small green chili – chopped
- 01 small piece of lemongrass
- 01 small piece of pandan leaves
- Few curry leaves – about 10
- 01 1/2 cup of light coconut milk
- 01 cup of thick coconut milk
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp of black sesame seeds
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Add all the vegetables into a large pot and add the seasoning. Next add light coconut milk and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Make sure to stir time to time.
- Next add thick coconut milk, stir and cook for another 10 minutes in low heat. Turn off the heat when the curry is thick and vegetables are tender.
- You can sever this curry over rice or pair it with bread, roti or parata.