Peanut butter lovers, may I have your attention please! This recipe is just for you and also anyone adventurous.
Start your day with this nutrition packed and healthy peanut butter smoothie breakfast bowl. It’s vegan, gluten free and it’s loaded with flavor.
I normally have a smoothie every single morning. Sometimes I make smoothies as a breakfast juice or as a smoothie bowl. Smoothie bowls are fun way of enjoying a smoothie with lots of add-ons and various toppings such as dried nuts, seeds and fresh fruits. Its like a complete meal.
Time to time I like conducting food experiments, such as adding new flavors or even combining flavors, adding new ingredients and trying out weird food combos. Today’s recipe is a result of such an experiment.
This smoothie bowl is not just a regular smoothie bowl, it’s a peanut butter smoothie bowl! Who would have thought that you can add peanut butter to your smoothie!
This takes only 5 mins to prepare, and it’s super healthy and delicious.
- 01 frozen bananas(sliced)
- 01 large unfrozen banana(sliced)
- 01 cup of almond milk
- 02 tbsp of peanut butter – From Peas_Love.lk
- 01 tsp of chia seeds
- 01 tsp of maple syrup
- Fresh Banana
- Chia seeds
- Cinnamon flavored coconut chips
- Desiccated coconuts
- you can use any banana type to make smoothies but I personally prefer ambum banana because it gives a perfect texture.
- If you want your smoothie little thicker then reduce the amount of liquid that you add or add more powders or seeds like protein powder, Acai powder, flax meal, chia seeds or simply more frozen fruits.
01. Add frozen and unfrozen banana slices, 1/2 cup of milk, peanut butter, chia seeds and maple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth. (You can also add some protein powder if you have any)
02. Scrape down sides of the blender (you will have to repeat this a few times) and add the remaining milk, blend until it becomes smooth and creamy. The texture of the smoothie should be in soft serve consistency, like a thick purée or a McDonald’s ice cream.
03. Scoop out everything into a bowl and add choice of your toppings. I’ve added fresh bananas, Strawberries, Bohemian Quest‘s chia seeds and Organic Life Teas‘s cinnamon flavored coconut chips and homemade desiccated coconuts.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Cant wait to see your re-creations!