Looking for easy finger food, a quick snack, or your vegan friends coming over and you need a quick and easy vegan snack? try this easy and delicious Tofu satay recipe.
Satay is an Indonesian / Malaysian dish consisting of small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer and served with a spiced sauce that typically contains peanuts. The meat marinade is usually made with soy sauce, coconut milk, and various spices to add flavor. Taking the inspiration from this, I made Vegan satay with tofu using Finch sesame soy sauce.
Unlike regular soy sauce, sesame soy sauce tastes sweet and tangy with hints of soy. Its made with soy sauce sesame seeds, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and a few other ingredients. This can be used as a marinade, as a substitute to soy sauce, a salad dressing, dipping for potstickers, also can be used over grilled veggies and meat when serving.
- 1 1/2 blocks of tofu
- 02 tbsp of Finch sesame soy sauce
- 03 tbsp of thick coconut milk
- 01 tbsp of maple syrup or sugar syrup
- 01 tsp of onion powder
- 01 tsp of garlic powder
- 01 tsp of chili or paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt – adjust to your preference
- 1/4 tsp of pepper – optional
- Drain and press tofu to remove the water and cut into 01 inch thick sticks
- In a medium-sized bowl add coconut milk, sesame soy sauce, syrup and give it a quick mix, then add the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk well to combine
- Arrange tofu in a box or a deep bowl and pour the sauce mixture in. Make sure all the tofu sticks are well covered with marinade sauce, cover, and place it in the fridge for 02 hours or you can even keep it overnight to make it more flavorful.
- Arrange the grill pan and apply oil. When heated place the tofu stick and grill for 20-25 minutes in medium heat. Make sure to flip to cook all the sides evenly.
- If you like as an alternative you can bake these or air-fry these as well.
- Once cooked arrange tofu in satay sticks, plate it, and serve with peanut sauce.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations
Leave A Comment