I’ve got another healthy, low carb, and easy recipe that you’ll be able to enjoy without that guilty feeling, its air-fried zucchini fries.
Zucchini is becoming a very popular vegetable among the Keto circles or anyone on a low carb diet because of its versatility, nutritious profile, and most importantly because it’s considered as a low carb vegetable. Did you know that one cup of chopped zucchini will have only 3.9 g of carbs?
Zucchini can be added to your meal in many different ways, you can consume it raw, saute it, bake it, fry it or you can grate it in a spiralizer and enjoy it as Zoodles. It is such a versatile vegetable that has a soft and tender texture with a mild flavor. Today’s recipe that I’m sharing with you is air-fried zucchini fries, it requires no oil and it is an alternative to french fries, a healthy alternative!
- 01 medium-sized zucchini
- 01 egg
- 03 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 01 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tbsp of nutritional yeast/parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of paprika/chill powder
- Rinse and cut the zucchini into sticks, 1/2 inch width and 03-4 inch long
- Add breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and paprika into a bowl and give it a good mix.
- Arrange all-purpose flour, cracked egg, and breadcrumbs mix in three individual bowls
- First, dip the zucchini in all-purpose flour, then into the egg, and finally into the breadcrumbs mixture and coat well.
- Repeat the process for all the zucchini fries. Meanwhile, pre-heat your air fryer for 03 minutes at 160°C
- When the air fryer is heated arrange the zucchini fries in one layer without overlapping and fry for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy. Make sure you toss and turn them around in 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt or paprika if you need more taste (optional) and serve warm with some ketchup or sour cream. Enjoy!
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations!