These fluffy, light and airy pancakes are just what you’ve been missing for breakfast! They are so soft, has a cake-like texture which I loveeeeee, and the best thing is it’s made with Cassava Flour!
Cassava flour is basically made with ground cassava root and its gluten free, can be used as a substitute to regular wheat flour and works perfectly well with baked recipes like bread, cakes and biscuits.
According to webMD Cassava flour is very rich in carbohydrates. A cup of cassava flour (285 grams) has about 110 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fiber, and 4.5 grams of sugar. It’s also rich in vitamin C, with one cup containing close to the recommended daily value.
Next time when you are trying a recipe with regular flour try making it with cassava, you are going to love the result. This Product is available to purchase at FinchFoods.
- 02 cups of cassava flour – Shop Now
- 01 1/2 cups of milk of your choice
- 02 small-sized eggs
- 02 tbsp of honey or liquid sweetener
- 02 tbsp of melted butter
- 01 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 04 tbsp of chocolate chips – optional
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Crack 02 eggs to a large bowl and whisk, next add milk, vanilla essence, honey, melted butter and mix it all together
- Next add the dry ingredients, cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, salt and mix ahhh making sure there are no lumps in the batter. Let the batter set for 05 minutes.
- Heat up a nonstick cooking pan and spray oil or apply some butter and pour 1/4 cup from the batter, cover and cook in on medium heat until bubble appear on top of the pancake. About 03-04 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with some fresh fruits or honey. I’ve served mine with some banana, walnuts and honey.