- Diced pumpkin – 300g
- One large onion (diced)
- Garlic (minced)
- Few stems of lemongrass (my secret ingredient)
- Few leaves of basil – about 10-12 big leaves
- Few stems of celery
- 1/2 tsp of salt – adjust as your preference
- 1/2 tsp of pepper – adjust as your preference
- 04 cups of vegetable stock
- 03 tbsp of olive oil
- In a pot over medium heat, heat some oil. (You can use coconut oil or olive oil). Then add diced onions, minced garlic, and cook till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add diced pumpkin and vegetable stock and give it a little mix. (If you don’t have a vegetable stock, don’t worry, You can use water instead. But make sure you add some more spice and herbs like coriander leaves, lemongrass, garlic, onions, and cumin powder).
- Next add your herbs and spices – salt, pepper, lemongrass, celery, basil and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes covered. (until pumpkin is tender).
- Now purée the mixture using a hand blender until smooth. Make sure to remove the lemongrass and celery stems before you blend the puree.
- You can serve this now or if you want you can put the purée back into the pot and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition facts of Pumpkin
The information gathered from Your-Calories below table shows the nutritional breakdown of 100g of Pumpkin.
Health benefits of Pumpkin
- Highly Nutritious and Particularly Rich in Vitamin A
- High Antioxidant Content May Reduce Your Risk of Chronic Diseases
- Packs Vitamins That May Boost Immunity
- Vitamin A, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin May Protect Your Eyesight
- Nutrient Density and Low-Calorie Count May Promote Weight Loss
- Antioxidant Content May Lower Your Risk of Cancer
- Potassium, Vitamin C, and Fiber May Benefit Heart Health
- Contains Compounds That Promote Healthy Skin
- Incredibly Versatile and Easy to Add to Your Diet
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations