Ever wished that you could make your own pasta at home with your favorite colors and with your own design? Let’s make that wish a reality! The recipe I’m sharing with you won’t take too much of your time and the best part is you don’t need a pasta machine.
For the longest time I wanted to make some pasta at home but I never got a chance. Since I’ve never made pasta before I had to do some digging around to understand the whole process and found a very informative YouTube video by Helen Rennie where she explains all the things that you need to know. So thanks to her I mustered the strength to venture into the unknown and I made my own pasta dough and it came out pretty well. So let’s see what to need to make some pasta magic…
- 01 cup of all-purpose flour
- 02 large eggs
- 01 tsp of salt
- 01 tbsp of Boho greens’ powder – any color powder as you prefer
- 1/4 all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
Prep time – 1.5 hours Serves – 02
- First, sift the flour onto a large work area or a big board and add salt and green powder. I’ve used Bohemian Quest Green powder because I wanted to add some color to my pasta dough (you know I always make my food a little colorful) if you don’t have green powder then no problem, you can use beetroot powder, turmeric powder, or anything that you like.
- Next, make a well in the middle using your fingers or spoon that is large enough to hold 02 eggs.
- Crack two eggs in the middle and start whisking using a fork while adding the flour little by little until everything is well combined. Now let’s get your hands dirty!
- Use your hands to mix everything thoroughly and start kneading the dough. Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes until it’s smooth, firm, and has an elastic consistency.
- If the dough feels dry you can add few drops of oil or water or if the dough feels too wet then a little more flour.
- Once you get a nice and firm dough, cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30minutes to 01 hours for the gluten to do its job. It’s important to wrap the dough in plastic wrap so the dough will not dry out.
- Take the dough and cut it into 04 equal pieces
- It’s time to roll homies! Take one potion and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough on the floured work surface until it’s thin enough like paper-thin. You can keep the pasta little thick if you like thicker pasta. Make sure you dust enough flour on the surface and on the dough itself to keep the dough intact.
- Now cut the pasta to any shape you like, I wanted to make Fettuccine pasta to I’ve cut the pasta into strips. Simply fold the sheet in thirds and cut 1/2 centimeter wide strips. Separate the strips carefully and dust more flour on top.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water like you usually do and turn them into your favorite pasta dish. Add your favorite pasta sauce, favorite vegetables, or cheese, and turn it into a delicious pasta dish.
Give this recipe a try and please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations