This is an easy vegan snack made with corn and few staple ingredients that you can easily find at home. It takes only about few mins to make these and these fritters can be made sweet or sour based on your taste buds. If you’re a fan of corn and corn recipes then I’m sure you gonna love this one.
I’ve actually tried these corn fritters few months ago for the first and the I fell in love with them instantly. They were so delicious. I really liked them because it had this milky taste that corn has combined with all the other flavors which complements it. The best part it since the day I made these they became my husbands favorite.
This is a gluten free vegan snack that can be made in few mins, so it perfects fits for to busy schedule and diet plan. So let’s get to the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of boiled corn
- 1/2 cup of raw corn
- 03 tbsp of oats flour/ all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of chopped spring onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 05 – 07 finely chopped coriander or parsley
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 02 tbsp of oil – for frying
01. Heat up a cooking pot with water and boil 1/2 cup of corn kernels. Once boiled drain out all the water and keep aside until it cools down.
02. Add 1/2 cup of raw corn kernels into a blender and pulse few times to make a paste. TIP! Do not blend until its smooth like a purée, make sure it has some small chunks left.
03. Add blended corn, boiled corn kernels salt, baking powder, pepper, onions, parsley, spring onions and flour in a large bowl and mix well to combine everything evenly.
04. Heat up a flat skillet over medium heat and add some oil. When the oil is heated scoop up a potion from the batter (about 2 full tablespoons) and place on the skillet. Use a spatula to flatten it and cook (covered) it for about 3-4 minutes until it becomes golden brown. Flip it and cook them an additional 3 minutes until it’s cooked through. Once cooked remove fritters and place them a paper towel to absorb the additional oil in it.
You can garnish these with some sour cream, some herbs and hot sauce when serving. Serve warm.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Cant wait to see your re-creations