Yup, that’s right – A gluten-free thin crust pizza is made from ground oats, chickpea flour, and few basic pantry staples. You don’t have to feel guilty to eat this pizza because this perfectly fits your healthy gluten-free diet.
Inspired by food-o-holic and armed with a thirst for variation, I went ahead and spiced things up. This is not to say the original recipe had any flaws with it, I just gave in to my adventurous side like I always do when it comes to cooking.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving: 01 large pizza
- 3/4 cup of ground oats
- 3/4 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 02 tbsp of olive oil
- Olives black/green
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Chicken or any meat (Avoid this if you want to keep this vegan)
01. Add all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix them all together.
02. Add water little by little and mix the batter until smooth. Make sure that there are no lumps.
03. Heat up a flat skillet and add olive oil. Pour the batter onto the heated skillet, spread and flatten the batter to make a circular pizza. (I tried to make a perfect shaped pizza but failed 😂)
04. Cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes. (When you see the edges of the pizza are getting a little stiff and brown then it’s time to flip it over)
05. Flip the pizza and add the topping. First add a layer of tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, cooked chicken or any meat, olives (I’ve used black and green), tomatoes, basil leaves, oregano, and more cheese on top. Cover and cook for about another 5-7 minutes.
That’s it, Your pizza is ready.
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations!