Looking for a salad packed with proteins and vitamins? This simple avocado and corn salad is a fresh and nutritious solution.
Making a salad towards the end of the week has become a habit of mine now. It’s the easiest way I can finish off those leftover bits of vegetables and fruits in the fridge before the weekly shopping run. There was half a corn cob left in the fridge, so I thought of making a salad with it, I prefer having my salads with a variety of vegetables and fruits bringing color and flavors to the mix, so I’ve added little extra vegetables. Below are the ingredients I used.
- 1/2 cup of boiled corn
- 1/2 an diced avocado
- 1/4 cup of diced bell pepper
- 1/2 a mandarin
- 1/2 cup of chopped lettuce
- Mixed grains (only if preferred, remember grains are packed with fiber and protein)
- 01 medium size diced tomato
- 01 medium size diced onion
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 01 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp of spring onions and some spinach leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup of dried seeds and nuts (flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, black sesame seeds)
01. Add all the chopped veggies and fruits into a large salad bowl and season with salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil. Toss it and mix combining everything evenly.
02. Add the chopped avocado to the salad and mix gently. We don’t want to mush those avocados while mixing. TIP: make sure you add lime or lemon juice to diced avocado after chopping them to preserve its color.
03. Serve in a salad plate/bowl, sprinkle some dried seeds and nuts on top. Enjoy!
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments! You can also share your results with me on Instagram with the hashtag #thefoodsnapsrecipes.
Can’t wait to see your re-creations